This is a short template meant to be as widely used and compatible with as many different licenses, European copyright laws, and definitions of open source as possible. It is similar to the Historic Permission Notice.
* Copyright © year, year, year, …
* First M. Last <email@example.com>
* Provided that these terms and disclaimer and all copyright notices
* are retained or reproduced in an accompanying document, permission
* is granted to deal in this work without restriction, including un‐
* limited rights to use, publicly perform, distribute, sell, modify,
* merge, give away, or sublicence.
* This work is provided “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY of any kind, to
* the utmost extent permitted by applicable law, neither express nor
* implied; without malicious intent or gross negligence. In no event
* may a licensor, author or contributor be held liable for indirect,
* direct, other damage, loss, or other issues arising in any way out
* of dealing in the work, even if advised of the possibility of such
* damage or existence of a defect, except proven that it results out
* of said person’s immediate fault when using the work as intended.
Describes the ability to distribute original or modified (derivative) works.
Describes the ability to modify the software and create derivatives.
Describes the ability to use the software for commercial purposes.
Describes the ability for you to grant/extend a license to the software.
Describes the warranty and if the software/license owner can be charged for damages.
Including the full text of license in modified software.