A permissive, BSD-3 Clause style license with restrictions on trademark use and the requirement of including "this product includes software developed by the Apache Group for use in the Apache HTTP server project (http://www.apache.org/)."
Copyright (c) 1995-1999 The Apache Group. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software must display the following acknowledgment: "This product includes software developed by the Apache Group for use in the Apache HTTP server project (http://www.apache.org/) ."
4. The "Apache" and "Apache Software Foundation" must not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without prior written permission. For written permission, please contact email@example.com
5. Products derived from this software may not be called "Apache" nor may "Apache" appear in their name, without prior written permission of the Apache Group .
6. Redistributions of any form whatsoever must retain the following acknowledgment:
"This product includes software developed by the Apache Group for use in the Apache HTTP server project (http://www.apache.org/) .
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE APACHE GROUP ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE APACHE GROUP OR ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many individuals on behalf of the Apache Group and was originally based on public domain software written at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. For more information on the Apache Group and the Apache HTTP server project, please see .
Describes the ability to distribute original or modified (derivative) works.
Describes the ability to modify the software and create derivatives.
Describes the ability to use the software for commercial purposes.
Describes the ability for you to grant/extend a license to the software.
Describes the warranty and if the software/license owner can be charged for damages.
Describes the allowance of using contributors' names, trademarks or logos.
Describes whether the original copyright must be retained.
Including the full text of license in modified software.